Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Favorite Bed Warmer

I avoid electric blankets whenever possible. Yes, I am aware that "studies" have shown that I have nothing to fear from electromagnetic fields (EMFs). Still, combining what I understand about electricity and magnets, I have decided to ignore articles  that proclaim them safe  and depend, instead, on my own experiences. You see, not many years ago we used an electric blanket. I complained often of aches and pains. We thought that the blanket could be the culprit. We took it off the bed and within just a couple of days the aches were gone. That's enough proof for me.

I still like the warmth of a heated bed so we turned to a hot water bottle - two of them in fact. Pat has one on her side and I have one on mine. Whjen used properly those little bottles are STILL WARM in the morning. It's a rare night that I don't fill the bottles with hot tap water and place them in the bed about 15 minutes before crawling in.

I highly recommend hot water bottles. They are inexpensive and last for years. I recently purchased two new ones. They're made by a firm in Germany and they're clear, a departure from the standard pink ones. They cost a little more, but they look like they will last for a long time to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment