Monday, November 28, 2011

Yes and no.

I first heard about using black pepper on small cuts on a bulletin board for wood carvers. They are often experts in accidentally cutting themselves.

It turns out that black pepper is only one of many such home remedies for bleeding.

I’ve also seen recommendations of flour, cayenne pepper powder, ground coffee, and corn starch. This leads me to believe that it’s not the particular substance but rather that the substance is powdered. The powder clots the blood on the surface, which would be enough to stop the bleeding on a minor cut.

BTW...I nicked my ear shaving. Wouldn't stop bleeding until I applied ground black pepper and a bandage. All was well within a few minutes.

Of course, don't be silly. A serious injury requires medical attention rather than a home remedy. http://bit.ly/vssCBB

No comments:

Post a Comment